Tech Blech

Monday, September 18, 2006

Ajax book reviews and code samples

I had a really fun time the second half of the summer, co-teaching a special studies class with Dave Matuszek on Ruby and Ajax. The Wiki which the class used is broken already, but fortunately, I made a crappy copy of it. Also, here are my Ajax book reviews and Ajax code samples .

I was pleased to learn some Ruby; the freedom from strong typing was welcome, and the deep integration of Rails with Ajax has some value. I've even seen a job ad (from Vonage) requiring Ruby and Rails knowledge. Some of the hype surrounding it, however, comes from the potential re-use whereby Rails pre-generates the framework of a website for you. This is not a new idea, at least not in the Microsoft world, but apparently it is in the Java/Apache world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home